Generator Safety for Oregon City and Sandy Residents
We want to make sure you are safe during the next storm power outage
If you have a generator on hand for power outages during severe weather, follow the safety tips below from American Red Cross:
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawl space, or any partially enclosed area.
- To avoid electrocution, keep the generator dry and do not use in rain or wet Operate it on a dry surface under an open canopy-like structure, such as under a tarp help up on poles. Do not touch the generator with wet hands.
- Opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent carbon monoxide (CO) buildup in the home. Although CO can’t be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air immediately.
- Install CO alarms in central locations on every level of your home or property and outside sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide.
If your home or business is damaged due to a storm, call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy! We have the training, tools, and equipment to make it “Like it never even happened.”
The Science of Drying Your Oregon City Property
Do you know the science SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy uses to dry out your home or business?
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying? The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chance of any secondary damages. If your business suffers from water damage, your local SERVPRO professionals will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether that materials are drying
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material- but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason, the professionals at SERVPRO have been trained to use top-of-the-line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy also state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom line? Your local SERVPRO have the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (503) 655-7735!
Mold Prevention in the Beavercreek Area
Have you ever gotten mold in your home or business?
The kitchen is one of the most susceptible areas of the house to mold growth and it is very easy for mold to occur there if preventative actions are not taken. It is important to keep kitchens mold free because this is the same space in which food is prepared and consuming mold can be harmful. Preventing mold from growing in your kitchen is quite simple and it only takes a few preventative actions to ensure that your kitchen is safe, otherwise, you may need a professional mold remediation service like SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy.
The kitchen has a higher level of moisture in it than most other rooms of the house and as a result, surfaces such as the wall may become moldy. If there is some mold growth on the wall, make sure to remove it and keep an eye on that area as mold is likely to grow back in the same spot if the humidity rises again.
- One option for preventing mold growth on the walls is using mold resistant paint which is water resistant and will prevent mold from penetrating through the painted layer. Adding mold resistant paint to your kitchen will also rejuvenate the look of the kitchen walls.
- Another way to prevent mold from growing in your kitchen is to make sure your kitchen is dry and free of standing water. As you do the dishes or clean up the kitchen, water can get into small spaces around the sink which increases the risk of mold. It is important to dry the water from these hidden places as they are the most likely places for mold to grow with or without the excess water. After you clean your kitchen, use a separate towel to dry the water from the counters, cracks, floor, and other areas that are wet.
- Humidity is another common cause of mold growth and limiting the humidity within the kitchen will greatly decrease the risk. The best way to keep the humidity down within the kitchen is by opening the windows and making sure there is always good ventilation. It is important to remember that excess moisture, standing water, or high humidity is at the root of every mold outbreak and the key to keeping your kitchen mold free is eliminating each of these sources. Keeping mold out of your kitchen will not only contribute to a cleaner space but also make it a safer place to prepare food.
If you do happen to find more mold than you can safely clean yourself, contact a professional such as SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is Hiring a Sales and Marketing Representative
When your business operations are interrupted by fire or water damage, you need professional help to get your property back to business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy provides professional cleaning or emergency restoration services to get your business running smoothly again. We have the training, equipment, and resources to handle any size disaster.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy
We are currently looking to hire a goal oriented and ambitious outside sales representative, to promote and sell our services to commercial facility directors, maintenance managers, owners and property managers.
This sales position will promote and sell franchise services in assigned territory, which results in meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals. Grow and develop customer base by utilizing a systematic process to identify new prospects and to routinely contact and follow up with customers. Conduct repetitive contact calls to build relationships and educate the customer on why we are the best restoration company in Gresham, Oregon City, Sandy, and the surrounding areas. Utilize the quarterly Marketing Media Kit to market our services and to sell the benefits. Monitor and follow-up on all assigned jobs ensuring that customer needs are met. Building relationships and consistently returning until service is needed along with preparing and completing sales presentations.
- Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of all organization products and operations
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills and abilities
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to develop and administer budgets
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
While a background in sales is preferred, we are willing to train the right candidate. You need to be comfortable with B2B relationship selling and enjoy talking to people. Please contact us to if you are interested in learning more about our company and the open sales position.
Frozen Pipe Prevention Tips for Your Property in Clackamas County
There is never a good time to experience a frozen pipe burst, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is here to help you prevent this from happening!
Winter weather can bring about more issues than just slippery roads and a sidewalk to shovel. If you live where temperatures sink below freezing level, you are also at risk of frozen pipes, which can create major disaster at your home or property.
Frozen pipes are often those exposed to cold weather, such as those outside your house, or in cold areas such as basements, attics, garages, or kitchen cabinets. A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water source and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. To prevent pipes from freezing, here are a few steps you can take, according to The American Red Cross:
- Be sure to completely drain water from swimming pool and sprinkler lines, as well as outside hoses.
- Open kitchen cabinets to let warm air near the plumbing.
- When the weather is extremely cold, let water drip from faucets that may come from exposed pipes.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
If you experience a water loss from a broken pipe or winter weather, remember to call your friends at SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy!
Groundwater in Basement of Oregon City Residence
How Groundwater Affects Your Home in Clackamas County
Picture this: you come home after a long, rainy day at work to find yourself standing in water that has flooded your basement. You look around and don’t see any leaks or broken pipes and can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. You may be experiencing groundwater entering your home. Groundwater is the water suspended in the dirt around your home. Groundwater getting in your home can cause all kinds of damage, money, and headaches. The first step to preventing groundwater in your home, most commonly the basement, is to ensure proper waterproofing. Without proper waterproofing, water damage can cause humidity, bacteria, and mold growth.
If you are experiencing water damage, no matter the cause, don’t hesitate to call SERPVRO of Oregon City/Sandy at (503) 655-7735! If you are looking for more information on our water restoration services, please visit our website.
Water Damage Affects Gym in Clackamas County
Any water damage in your facility is bad.
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you don’t see contains bacteria - or causes mold, rot, and other unseen damages. Water damage can affect the value of your property, so before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, we offer 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained professional on-site within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services can help you regain control quickly while drying, deodorizing and protecting your facility and contents.
Before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call your local water damage cleanup and restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy - (503) 655-7735!
Who Is Your First Call When You Get Wind Damage in the Canby Area?
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy, of course! Our teams of highly trained professionals are ready to help with your disaster 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our technicians will arrive quickly to start boarding up any windows broken in the windstorm, preventing any further damage. Then they can begin to address any water damage that may have resulted from the broken window and restore the home or business to make it look "Like it never even happened."
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring, and documentation.
If you are facing wind or storm damage at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy today at (503) 655-7735!
Have You Recently Opened or Renovated A Business in Oregon City?
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can assist with post-construction cleanup in your company!
Structural integrity, materials, labor, safety, customer satisfaction and deadline- the list goes on and on when building a commercial facility. The bottom line, however, is you are responsible for getting the doors open on time.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can help you meet your deadlines by providing thorough post-construction services in a timely manner. These services include:
- Post-construction cleaning- Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it’s time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint, and decorate.
- Dehumidification and drying- During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, rely on a SERVPRO professional to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
- Final cleaning- You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. We provide cleaning services to give the building that extra shine.
If you recently opened or renovated a business and need cleaning done, give us a call at (503) 655-7735!
Have Ice Dams Affected your Clackamas County Hotel?
Do you know what ice dams are?
Ice dams can be a little-known, but major problem during the snowy season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can backflow under the roof’s shingles and into the structure’s interior areas, as well as causing gutters and shingles to move or fall.
Icicles can be an initial sign of an ice dam, according to Travelers.com. To spot ice dams inside, “check for water stains or moisture in your attic or along the ceiling of exterior walls of your house. Water stains or moisture may be an indication that an ice dam has formed and water had penetrated the roof membrane.“ Removing an ice dam as soon as it is found is vital to help prevent damage to your property and can be done using heated cables, a roof shovel, or calcium chloride ice melter.
If winter weather causes water damage to your property, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is only a call away, 24/7, ready to restore to preloss condition!