Windstorm in Estacada Causes Tree to Fall on Home
Windstorm caused tree to fall on nearby home.
A windstorm is wind that is strong enough to cause at least light damage to trees and buildings and may or may not be accompanied by rain. Wind speeds during a windstorm typically exceed 34 miles per hour. Wind damage can be attributed to gusts or longer periods of stronger sustained winds. Windstorms may last for just a few minutes when caused by down bursts from thunderstorms, or they may last for hours to several days when they result from large-scale weather systems. If a tree causes damage to your home or business by ripping the siding or the roofing is torn, give us a call!
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy provides 24/7 emergency services every day of the year. No matter the time or season reach out today at (503) 655-7735!
Did You Know SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy Cleans Contents?
Have your belongings been affected by fire or water damage?
Water and fire damage affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to preloss condition.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire or water damage, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Whether you in need of content cleaning from a fire, water, or other type of loss, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (503) 655-7735!
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy Can Clean Smoke and Odor Damage From Your Home!
Was your home or business affected by the Eagle Creek Fire?
In the aftermath of the Eagle Creek Fire, multiple homes and businesses were affected by smoke and odor damage. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is here to help like it “Like it never even happened.” As fire and water restoration specialists, we have the training, experience and specialized equipment necessary to restore your home or business. We are committed to providing superior service while restoring your property back to pre-fire condition. We clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life. Some examples of things SERVPRO is able to clean are:
- Smoke and Soot Cleaning
- Hard Furniture/Floors
- Odor Removal
If you have any questions regarding smoke and odor removal, please visit our website or call us at (503) 655-7735!
Does My Home Along the Willamette River Have a Water Leak?
Do you know how to spot a water leak?
You never expect a water leak in your home, but it’s good to be prepared and know what to do in case it happens! Sometimes, leaks can go undetected due to where they happen in the home (inside walls, under floor, or in your crawlspace). The following tips can help you determine if a leak is present, whether you can see it or not!
- Watch your water bill for unexpectedly high usage. High water usage could be a sign of a problem.
- Use no water for two hours. Read your water meter before and after this period. If this reading is not the same, you likely have a leak somewhere.
- Check your toilet by placing food coloring in the toilet tank. In 15 minutes or less, if the colored water is in the toilet bowl without flushing, there is probably a leak.
- Fix leaks and drips as soon as you see them.
- Use water leak alarms and automatic water shut off systems to catch leaks quickly.
In the event that you have a water leak and need mitigation, call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy! Our highly trained technicians will be happy to help get your home back to its preloss condition.
Office Cleaning Tips for Clackamas County Businesses
Who says cleaning has to be done in the spring?
Maintaining a clean office keeps germs at bay and keeps you and your employees happy and healthy year-round. Did you know that office desks have been found to be more than 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat? How about how office telephones have around 25,000 germs per square inch? Below are some tips to help with your journey of keeping the workplace spic and span all the time!
- Clean all surfaces. Wipe down all of your hard surfaces, including desks, chairs, tables, and shelves. Electronics are just as important; your phone, keyboard, and mouse are high germ zones. You should also clean off your printer, fax machine, computer screens, and other electronic surfaces with an appropriate cloth or cleaner.
- Declutter. Clean out your filing cabinet and get rid of old papers that have been lying around your workspace. Be sure to shred paperwork containing confidential or sensitive information.
- Organize. Summer cleaning provides the perfect time to create a filing system that helps reduce workspace clutter.
- Tackle the junk drawer. Just take it slow and toss or recycle anything you no longer need. Continue by organize the items you’re planning to keep.
- Virtual organization. Cleaning your workspace isn’t just about disinfecting and filing. Use this opportunity to organize your computer documents and emails so you can find needed files without a cluttered desktop or inbox.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy wants to help businesses keep their offices clean year-round! If you are looking for commercial cleaning services, visit our website or call us today at (503) 655-7735!
How An Emergency Ready Profile Can Help Your Clackamas County Home or Office
Is your Redland home or business prepared for a fire, flood, or storm?
In the event of an emergency, the ERP (Emergency Ready Profile) can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contacts, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. The ERP is a no-cost assessment; all it requires is a little time, making it a great value that could save you time and money in the future. By downloading the FREE SERVPRO READY App, this information is stored electronically and can be accessed using your mobile device putting help at your fingertips.
Preparation is key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in the building quickly following a disaster. Don't wait until disaster strikes--resolve to Be READY. Call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy to establish your Emergency READY Profile, and be "Ready for whatever happens" in 2017.
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document containing only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Canby Rodeo 2017
The Canby Rodeo is a super fun community event that we sponsor every year. The rodeo consists of standardized events are designed to test the skill and speed of the human cowboy and cowgirl athletes who participate. Professional rodeos generall comprises the following events: tie-down roping, team roping, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, bareback bronc riding, bull riding, and barrel racing.
Our gold sponsorship comes with admission tickets and we donate them to the schools in our area. We love being involved with our awesome community and sharing our experiences with members in it! We wanted to give a special shout out to Rick Kauffman and the rodeo committee for making this possible!
To check out all the rodeo has to offer, please visit their website.
If you are curious about the services SERVPRO of Gresham/Oregon City/Sandy provides, please visit our website.
How to Prep Your Canby Business for an Earthquake
Earthquake preparedness for Clackamas County
While earthquakes don't occur often in where we live, it's important to know how to react in the event of an earthquake. The following provides advice to help your family be better prepared for major storm events.
- Put together an earthquake survival kit. Your office could be without electricity, internet, water, gas and sewage services for several days. The American Red Cross advises a survival kit has the following:
- Sanitation/ personal hygiene items
- Extra batteries
- Battery powered or hand crank radio
- Cell phone with charger
- Family/ Emergency contact info
- Multipurpose tool
- Extra cash
- Map(s) of areas
- Meet regularly to go over plan.
- Meet with your staff regularly to establish an emergency plan. Talk about basic safety procedures and establish a safe meeting place for everyone to meet.
- Asses your Risk
- Determine how ready your business is for an earthquake or other natural disaster
- Secure Important Documents
- Keep copies of priority documents and records in fire and water proof portable containers.
- Practice the plan you have established in your workplace to check preparedness. It is recommended to do so twice per year.
- Get Training
- Take first aid classes or how to use a fire extinguisher. Training will help keep you focused and know what to do when an earthquake occurs.
Commercial Building Cleaning in Clackamas County
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy Can Clean Your Commercial Building!
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Oregon City / Sandy for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best.
SERVPRO of Oregon City / Sandy offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Whether your office is in need of carpet cleaning to biohazard cleaning, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is here to help! Our goal is make it, “Like it never even happened.” Have more questions? Call us today at (503) 655-7735!
Help! My Sandy Home Caught On Fire and Damaged My Property!
Have You Heard of Home Fire Sprinklers?
We’ve seen them in commercial and industrial properties and public buildings, but did you know you can get fire sprinklers installed inside your home? 85% of all US fire deaths occur inside the home*; installing an automatic fire sprinkler could save your life. There is an 80 percent reduction in the risk of occupants dying in a fire when fire sprinklers are present. Additionally, there is a 70 percent reduction in direct property damage per fire.* On top of reducing fire damages, fire sprinklers are cost effective. A report commissioned by the Fire Protection Research Foundation places the average national cost of installing sprinklers in new homes at $1.35 per sprinklered square foot, or about one percent of the total construction cost.
*Source NFPA.org and firesprinklerinitiative.org