Groundwater in Basement of Oregon City Residence
How Groundwater Affects Your Home in Clackamas County
Picture this: you come home after a long, rainy day at work to find yourself standing in water that has flooded your basement. You look around and don’t see any leaks or broken pipes and can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. You may be experiencing groundwater entering your home. Groundwater is the water suspended in the dirt around your home. Groundwater getting in your home can cause all kinds of damage, money, and headaches. The first step to preventing groundwater in your home, most commonly the basement, is to ensure proper waterproofing. Without proper waterproofing, water damage can cause humidity, bacteria, and mold growth.
If you are experiencing water damage, no matter the cause, don’t hesitate to call SERPVRO of Oregon City/Sandy at (503) 655-7735! If you are looking for more information on our water restoration services, please visit our website.
Water Damage Affects Gym in Clackamas County
Any water damage in your facility is bad.
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you don’t see contains bacteria - or causes mold, rot, and other unseen damages. Water damage can affect the value of your property, so before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, we offer 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained professional on-site within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services can help you regain control quickly while drying, deodorizing and protecting your facility and contents.
Before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call your local water damage cleanup and restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy - (503) 655-7735!
Who Is Your First Call When You Get Wind Damage in the Canby Area?
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy, of course! Our teams of highly trained professionals are ready to help with your disaster 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our technicians will arrive quickly to start boarding up any windows broken in the windstorm, preventing any further damage. Then they can begin to address any water damage that may have resulted from the broken window and restore the home or business to make it look "Like it never even happened."
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring, and documentation.
If you are facing wind or storm damage at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy today at (503) 655-7735!
Have You Recently Opened or Renovated A Business in Oregon City?
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can assist with post-construction cleanup in your company!
Structural integrity, materials, labor, safety, customer satisfaction and deadline- the list goes on and on when building a commercial facility. The bottom line, however, is you are responsible for getting the doors open on time.
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can help you meet your deadlines by providing thorough post-construction services in a timely manner. These services include:
- Post-construction cleaning- Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it’s time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint, and decorate.
- Dehumidification and drying- During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, rely on a SERVPRO professional to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
- Final cleaning- You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. We provide cleaning services to give the building that extra shine.
If you recently opened or renovated a business and need cleaning done, give us a call at (503) 655-7735!
Have Ice Dams Affected your Clackamas County Hotel?
Do you know what ice dams are?
Ice dams can be a little-known, but major problem during the snowy season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can backflow under the roof’s shingles and into the structure’s interior areas, as well as causing gutters and shingles to move or fall.
Icicles can be an initial sign of an ice dam, according to Travelers.com. To spot ice dams inside, “check for water stains or moisture in your attic or along the ceiling of exterior walls of your house. Water stains or moisture may be an indication that an ice dam has formed and water had penetrated the roof membrane.“ Removing an ice dam as soon as it is found is vital to help prevent damage to your property and can be done using heated cables, a roof shovel, or calcium chloride ice melter.
If winter weather causes water damage to your property, SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy is only a call away, 24/7, ready to restore to preloss condition!
How to Prevent Mold from Growing on Your Sandy Property
Mold growth can be common in Oregon; do you know how to prevent it?
Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Some household situations that lead to mold growth include:
- Clogged gutters and downspouts
- Leaky plumbing
- Leaky roofs
- Using hot water without venting the steam to outdoor air.
Also, when indoor air is warmer than outdoor air, moisture can collect on cold surfaces like single pane windows, uninsulated walls, pipes and roofs.
Ways of preventing household mold:
- Install double-pane windows or insulation to keep moisture from collecting on cold surfaces.
- Inspect and repair leaks in roofs, gutters, foundations and plumbing.
- If you rent, consider taking pictures of moisture problems and documenting the situation with your landlord.
Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to remediate your Gresham home if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. Call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy today at (503) 655-7735!
Has Your Medical Office Experienced a Fire in Oregon City?
The National Fire Protection Association estimates that U.S. fire departments respond to an average of 3340 fires in office properties each year. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy wants to help lower the amount of office fires that happen each year by providing information on what causes fires and tips on prevention.
- 29% are caused by cooking equipment
- 12% are caused by electrical distribution and light equipment
- 10% are intentionally set
- 9% are caused by smoking materials
- 4% are caused by exposure
- 3% are caused by electronic, office, or entertainment equipment
- Regularly update and practice an emergency plan.
- Keep emergency exits and escape routes from being blocked and difficult to navigate.
- Maintain routine checks of sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, and other fire safety equipment.
- Keep non-essential equipment or small appliances in the break room or kitchen areas clean and unplugged unless in use.
- Keep office equipment regularly serviced and repaired.
- Do no overload outlets and do not use frayed wires.
- Get a fire risk assessment and follow the recommendations
- Consider installing pre-flare-up fire detection sensors that detect the potential for a fire and alert the business, property manager, guard on duty, etc.
We know how damaging fire can be to a business and are here to make it “Like it never even happened.” Next time your property has a fire, smoke or odor damage, or needs a post-fire cleaning, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy!
Does Your Clackamas County Business Have Mold?
SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can help when mold strikes in your business!
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building. Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy at (503) 655-7735!
Ice Dams in Your Sandy Home
This is a picture of what a potential ice dam may look like at your home.
Do you know what an ice dam is?
Maybe you have been fortunate enough to never experience ice dams, but they can be a serious problem in the winter. Ice dams can be a major problem during the winter season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can back flow under the roof’s shingles and into the structures interior areas. Here are SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy, we can help mitigate water damage caused by ice dams and help you get your structure back to preloss condition.
Next time you experience an ice dam or storm damage, be sure to call your local SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy at (503) 655-7735. For more information on our storm damage and restoration services, please visit our website.
Winter Weather Prevention Tips for Your Clackamas County Apartment Complex
Does your Oregon City apartment complex suffer from the devastating effects of winter weather?
Are you prepared for the coming cold weather? Cold weather can have a huge impact on your property if you are not ready for it. From heavy rain and freezing temperatures to damaging winds, sleet, or snow, all can cause serious and costly property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can take the sting out of winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can cause a damming effect, which can lead to roof damages and interior water
- Inspect the property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces, and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
When winter weather strikes, call your local SERVPRO of Oregon City/Sandy to strike back!